Go-Ride at Stafford Road Club (SRC)
Stafford Road Club launched its youth section in 2014.
Whether it’s a spin in the back garden, splashing through puddles in the park or tearing around a local pump track: cycling is an essential part of growing up.
- Club for kids: Go-Ride Clubs are for riders under 18, with fun at the heart of high quality coaching sessions and a clear pathway for progression.
- Gives parents peace of mind: All coaches hold a British Cycling qualification and are DBS-checked, plus Go-Ride sessions will always take place in traffic-free areas.
- Easy to get involved: Just like any sports club, the emphasis is on regular, local and affordable activities to make it easy to keep coming back and create a sporting habit for life.
Go-Ride activities will be run by British Cycling Qualified Coaches. All coaches have current First Aid and Enhanced CRB certificates which are regularly renewed by British Cycling. Coaching activities are covered by liability insurance provided through British Cycling.
There are a number of activities available for SRC members:
- Go-Ride – coached sessions for bike and racing skills – see details here. Note: also open to non-members.
- Go-Ride Racing events – see details here. Note: also open to non-members.
- Group rides – utilising Cannock Chase, bike pathways, trails and quiet roads; parents need to accompany young riders depending on age and the particular type of ride.
- Special activities – Led off road rides, at various venues.
- SRC club rides – under 13s need to be accompanied by their parents.